Rabu, 12 Oktober 2016

A Letter To Kashmir

Dear Kashmir,
I have knowledge concerning your survival in my History classes duringou are positioned in the Himalayan mountainous region and is distinguished for your beautiful panoramic vista and terrains that pleases the aesthetic senses, so alluring and eye-appealing which fascinated me till now. You are a wealthy and prosperous nation. They say if you are on your own,  you will be a country bigger than 126 countries on the globe. Why not?  You own the most costliest spice in the world, the saffron. You have your decorative handicrafts, walnuts, mushrooms and apples.  Not forgetting the highest power generation capacity, the tonnes of diversed minerals as well as your best quality sapphire stones.
No wonder your neighbours China, India and Pakistan are envious of you and that they have been mingling with you with a feeling of admiration since the conclusion of the British rule in 1947 which left you as the subject of a territorial conflict.
The black-neck crane, pretty lotus flowers and the monumental Chinar trees are your symbols which I know by sight very clearly. This majestic deciduous tree, the Chinar,  is found in almost your every village. It is a long-living tree and has several properties, a perfect symbol for your longevity and survival.
My dear Kashmir, 
I have been dreaming of you since those college days and I really wish to step my foot on your soil for once in my lifetime,  yet I was distracted by obstacles in life that I had to put aside my interest in you as to give way to more important matters that need my full attention. However, the thought of seeing you never lose the balance of my mind.
Although I am 3,000 miles away,  I know about your long sufferings, your frustrations and aspirations. You want to be freed from the clutches of your master because you are being unfairly treated in your own land.  I know how it feels to be denied and disrespected in your own inheritance.
I feel lucky now that we have all the convenience to get connected with people over the globe through the internet access. The few hombres from your breed, to whom I make friends with on the social media are awesome and brilliant human beings,  beautiful creatures with beautiful minds and that honestly speaking I have fallen in deep love with one of your sons whom I met in April this year. He is my inspiration.  I began to start working back on my passion in writing after I met him.
Kashmir,  I thought I have lost your son after he went back to you last summer break. When Burhan Wani was martyred on 8 July, I was devastated not only by the killing of your commander but also by your son's whereabouts and safety for I came to know that your whole valley was in great mess by the melee. However I felt grateful that your introvert son survived, alive and well and that he is furthering his studies in the capital now,  leaving his family and his hometown with the hope that they are under the protection of Allah The Great.
I am thankful to your kind hearted son for still keeping in touch with me until now, in spite of his busy routine. Hopefully one fine opportunity, we are able to come face to face for real.  Thank you.

From,
Crane, Lotus & Chinar






1 ulasan:

  1. greetings from kashmir 🙋 .. hope,your dreams come true and it will happen as soon as indians are kicked from kashmir and thank you for writing beautiful words about kashmir, hope you meet that guy soon, hope, everything turns green, hope, Kashmir will be Independent.

    BalasPadam