Sabtu, 4 Mac 2017

Journey To The Land of the Moghuls (Part 5)

I waited for the 'J' counter to start operating and I was the first to come to the desk to register myself. "The 'G' Gate is quite far, so please check in early," the airline officer gave me a cue. I nodded and directed myself to the depature entrance straight away. Having checked upon my passport and boarding pass, I dragged my feet lifelessly heading towards the G-Gate, creeping through the overcrowded lanes. I guessed it took me almost an hour  to finally end my walking.

I was so dead tired, dehydrated  and famished. I actually bought myself a cup of coffee and a cupcake earlier at the kiosk while waiting for the check-in counter to start operating,  but I lost my appetite to even finish my coffee or have a bite. I offered my cupcake to a guy from a 'tabligh' group whom I took a chance and greeted him as I believed he was a Malay looking from his features. I bravely asked him about his flight depature in case he would be departing on the same flight as mine. He was heading to KL too but unfortunately on a different airlines. Later when he saw me seated, he came and sat next to me and we chatted. He introduced himself as Hj Zulkifli, from Medan, Indonesia. I offered him my share as he was sipping a cup of coffee.  Furthermore, I bought the bun only to get some small change to make a call from a public phone I spotted at the far corner of the airport. I wanted to say a lot of things but when the voice echoed on the line, I went numbed and lost of words. " I am scared," I recalled I said.

My legs and limb almost could not support my body anymore when I finally reached the G-Gate Entrance. I plunged myself instantly on the steel bench and put my head down until someone alerted and tapped me on my knees as it was time to catch my plane home and leave this wonderful land. Adios amigo!

The next five-hour journey home was the longest flight I had ever taken. I was extremely worn out mentally and physically. Fortunately the seat next to me was unoccupied so I had more space and I slept like a log throughout the night.  I couldn't afford to wipe off my tears anymore as I just let it flow as much as it wanted before I dozed off.  I missed him so terribly. I have a lot to say and my soul was screaming loud. I left my heart in the Land of the Moghuls and that I was certain I would really die of heartache.  It was the greatest torture I could ever do to my heart. Having to let him go at the time I was loving him the most. It was the thought of not seeing him again that hurts,really, not the sight of him leaving. Our time together was just never quite enough. I miss  his smile, his touch, his voice, his closeness....his everything. I wanted to see him again.  I was already counting the minutes the moment I turned my head to have my last glance of him that last afternoon. " Will I get to hear from him again?" I wouldn't know.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan